Pot Roast with Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic, onion and seasonings to the pan. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in water and tomato paste. Return roast to Dutch oven and spoon sauce over it.
- Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve with spaghetti and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 473 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2011
I have been making this recipe for over twenty years! The only changes I have made is only use one can of tomato paste and I cook mine in a 350º oven for the alotted time. This is a definite favorite in my household!
Jul 17, 2010
This was a success with my family. The beef was very tender, the sauce tasty, and everything went well with the spaghetti. I followed the recipe exactly; but the next time I make it, I may play around with the seasonings.