Vegetable Spaghetti Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cut zucchini (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, celery, carrots, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half each of the spaghetti mixture, cottage cheese, vegetables and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 290 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2012
Always looking for great vegetarian recipes that the meat eaters in my family will like. This one they all loved. Will make again. Might add more cheese next time.
Sep 26, 2011
Great dish, chock full of veggies. Nice meatless meal!
Jun 19, 2010
I know to pull my Light and Tasty cookbooks out for parties--the recipes always turn out great! I made this for a party, and everyone asked for the recipe. It was easy to put together the night before, and so full of fresh veggies. The only time consuming part was chopping them all up. Will make again!