Two-Cheese Spaghetti Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; stir into beef mixture. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt; gradually stir in milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/2 cup process cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
- Spread half of the spaghetti mixture into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese sauce; top with remaining spaghetti mixture and process cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 409 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 16, 2010
I would cut the cheese in half.
Oct 6, 2010
Hubby loved this and declared it a keeper. My half had no meat (my preference), and I thought it was too cheesy. Maybe if I had eaten it as written I would have liked it better
Feb 8, 2010
i made a review but i give it a 5 star rating in my book tonyaits a 5 star rating for mesavannah tennessee
Feb 8, 2010
I am fixing to make this recipe for the 2nd time and I can say its so good very creamy right in the middle layer man its good. Its even better than regualr boring spaghetti..tonya from savannah tennessee
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.