- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4 tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
1 each: 443 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
- Mar 29, 2015
Excellent recipe, loved this! Added 1 tsp. jarred minced garlic.
- Feb 28, 2015
Loved this!! Doubled the recipe so I would have leftovers and it turned out great!!
- Feb 11, 2015
How much is 3oz of noodles? How do you all measure it?
- Nov 14, 2014
Made this for my parents who are older and not big eaters. They both loved it and the portion size was just perfect for two! Wonderful!
- Feb 20, 2013
I havent tried it yet,,,, but arent you supposed to avoid iron pans and tomatoes?????
- Sep 3, 2010
No comment left
- Jan 27, 2010
My husband loves this dish..it's so easy and versatile, extra onions and garlic are always good. It's one of our regular dishes.
- Nov 3, 2009
Love this spaghetti! It's easy to make and tastes delicious. I omit the cheese and it still tastes great.
- Feb 19, 2009
I have been looking for this recipe for a few years. Thank you sooo much.
- Feb 16, 2009
No comment left