One Skillet Spaghetti for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4 tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 443 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
Mar 29, 2015
Excellent recipe, loved this! Added 1 tsp. jarred minced garlic.
Feb 28, 2015
Loved this!! Doubled the recipe so I would have leftovers and it turned out great!!
Feb 11, 2015
How much is 3oz of noodles? How do you all measure it?
Nov 14, 2014
Made this for my parents who are older and not big eaters. They both loved it and the portion size was just perfect for two! Wonderful!
Feb 20, 2013
I havent tried it yet,,,, but arent you supposed to avoid iron pans and tomatoes?????
Jan 27, 2010
My husband loves this dish..it's so easy and versatile, extra onions and garlic are always good. It's one of our regular dishes.
Nov 3, 2009
Love this spaghetti! It's easy to make and tastes delicious. I omit the cheese and it still tastes great.
Feb 19, 2009
I have been looking for this recipe for a few years. Thank you sooo much.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.