One-Pot Meaty Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional chopped parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with garlic over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in sugar and seasonings. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and 1/4 cup parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, a little at a time; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until spaghetti is al dente, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 292 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Dec 28, 2016
Really liked this. Quick and easy weeknight meal, and a nice alternative to a jar of sauce.
Nov 2, 2016
I have tried many different recipes for homemade pasta sauce and considering how easy this one is it is at the top of the list. I made the sauce, ran some errands and then was able to come home, reheat the sauce and add the pasta. Will definitely be making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.