Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce or 1-1/2 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble the meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 388 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1503mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 25, 2015
This recipe is quick and easy, two of my favorite things:) My family doesn't care for sausage so I used 1/2 pound of ground beef instead.
Jun 25, 2014
This really is simple and easy to make - perfect for 2 people. I don't like sausage and I make my own bread crumbs (gotta use that stale bread for something) so I use 1/2 pound of ground beef and add 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Thanks for posting this David!
Oct 19, 2011
very good and easy to make. i add some garlic salt to them as well and it went over awesome with everyone! will for sure make them again.
Oct 30, 2010
These were nice and easy and made a great quick dinner. I only had beef so I used that, but next time I'm going to try with the sausage and add some garlic and a few fresh herbs.
May 12, 2010
The whole family loved it! Thank you so much for sharing :o)
Aug 19, 2009
Thenk you for sharing this recipe!! It's is an absolute lifesaver!!
Nov 6, 2008
I made this with only ground beef and cooked it in the slow cooker and was great!Madelin
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.