One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Toss chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown evenly; remove from pan.
- In same pan, combine broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook, covered, 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook, covered, until pasta is tender and chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add peas; heat through. Stir in pesto.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 404 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 26, 2019
It was OK - nothing special. I agree with other reviewers that it needed something else. Even though I added some garlic powder, it still needs more flavor. Probably won't make it again.
Jul 4, 2019
This was a very easy and delicious recipe. I did not have broccoli or peas, so I used asparagus and zucchini. My husband said that he would eat it again.
Apr 26, 2018
This dish was one of my personal favorites. I love pesto and this was a simple way to use it. It was a light and filling dish that had a quick prep time. Great for weeknights or a nice weekend meal!
Oct 16, 2016
I used 1/2 lb shrimp and broth made from cooking the shrimp shells, 5 oz mini bowtie pasta, 1/2 sweet red pepper, juice from 1 lemon, 1/3 c. homemade pesto, plus salt and pepper w parmesan on top. No broccoli. I believe 1/2 cup of peas would be sufficient for 3 servings
Jun 29, 2016
Great meal!! Easy to make & delicious!
May 25, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised at this dish. It truly was so easy, and I feel like the lemon juice gave the pesto an extra kick. You really could taste it. This would be a fun one to change up the pesto variety with. I'm also usually quite skeptical about anything "one pot", as I find the liquid or cook time is inevitably off. Not in this case though! It really was exactly what I was looking for - a quick, tasty supper that everyone liked.
Apr 26, 2016
The basil pesto made this dish smell wonderful, but the taste wasn't one we liked. We ate it, but won't be making it again. I think the sauce needs something besides just pesto -- something to mix with it.