One-Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickle
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced pickles and sliced red onion, optional
- In a 6-quart stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- In the same pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, pickle and bacon; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining cheese and, if desired, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and red onions.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 390 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 29, 2019
I so wanted to love this recipe. It was on the front cover of a special family favorites issue and I had high hopes. It was way saucier than in the pic; I even let it boil off without the cover to try to thicken it. There is so much liquid in the thing to took the pasta in order to make it a one pot meal. It ended up being soupy and reminded me of American chop suey. My kids loved the hamburger topping part though. So if I make this again, I’ll be making it a two pot meal, cooking the pasta separately in order to scale way back on the liquids.
Aug 10, 2019
Prepared 6/19/2019. I'd scaled back on the beef, broth, tomato amounts and used spicy brown mustard. I used chopped KOSHER-style pickle chips, 8-oz. Italian-style tomato sauce. I found this dish to be quite good, but to me, it didn't taste too much like a bacon cheeseburger would!
Jun 24, 2019
This has excellent flavor and really does taste just like a bacon cheeseburger. I halved the recipe for two of us and there were still plenty of leftovers which tasted just as great. A definite keeper!
Mar 19, 2019
Really liked the flavor in this dish. And leftovers to take to work!
Jan 19, 2019
DISCARD BACON DRIPPINGS? are you crazy? use them in other meals!
Oct 3, 2018
This made a quick weeknight dinner. I cut in half for 4 of us but there were barely any leftovers.