One-Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickle
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced pickles and sliced red onion, optional
- In a 6-quart stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- In the same pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Add the next ten ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, pickle and bacon; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining cheese and, if desired, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and red onions.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 390 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2019
DISCARD BACON DRIPPINGS? are you crazy? use them in other meals!
Oct 3, 2018
This made a quick weeknight dinner. I cut in half for 4 of us but there were barely any leftovers.