Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Barbecue sauce and prepared mustard, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in the soup, water, beef and bacon; heat through.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 389 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
I have a crazy picky eater and was worried when he picked this recipe to try something new due to the tomato soup. All worries went away after he tried the first bite, even though he was side eying the soup can the entire time we were cooking. Super easy to make, easy for him to help with and for a picky eater he was thrilled with it.
Mar 30, 2019
Good base recipe. I season the beef with blackening spice. Add 1/2 sweet onion and sauté along with 1 clove chopped garlic. Add a little beef broth to deglaze the pan. Add2 tbsp flour to liquid to thicken. Add small can diced tomatoes. Add ketchup - about 1/4-1/2 C along w/tomato soup. I put the crumbled bacon on top of the cheese while it melts instead of mixing it in. For the people that said there was no wowdactor - these additions might pop it up a bit
Feb 22, 2016
This was an OK quick meal. I followed the recipe as written. We liked it but there was nothing wow about it.
Aug 9, 2015
Nice and easy to make. No real wow factor, but not bad for a quick dinner.
Jun 10, 2015
My family loved this!!! We used BBQ sauce and extra bacon, i will be making this again for sure!!!
Oct 23, 2014
I bake it for 25 min. in the oven, instead of cooking on the stove. Also canned tomatoes make it even more delicious. My family loves this!
May 1, 2014
Tastey and easy to fix!
Mar 31, 2014
Everytime I cook this it's delicious ! I don't use the barbecue sauce or mustard tho . I'll just add more bacon & shredded cheese . It's a family favorite ! :)
Nov 20, 2013
I made this for myself, my Mom, my Husband and my 3 kids aged 6,11 & 12 and we all thought it was terrible. Do not make this. It is disgusting.
Sep 11, 2013
I cooked the bacon first, left the grease in the pan and added a chopped onion and a green bell pepper. Saute that first then did my ground beef which I added some Worchestershire as it was cooking. At the end I added some BBQ sauce and some honey mustard dressing. Delicious! A keeper!