Creamy Pasta with Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and cream until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in bacon and cheese; heat through.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 474 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2019
This is gross. Omit eggs
Oct 20, 2018
I wish I had read the reviews before I tried to cook this....basically I made horrible tasting goop that looks like scrambled egg...best I could do was salvage the bacon and make myself a sandwich....
Apr 4, 2018
This is absolutely DISGUSTING. I have no idea who created this recipe, but it is awful. The "sauce" is clumpy. I made it twice hoping that I had messed up the first time, but no. It is flavorless and does not even resemble an alfredo. I wasted an entire box of pasta, 3 cups of cream, a package of chicken, and 2 entire onions. To top it off, I spent 2 hours trying to cook dinner, and ended up having to order take-out. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Apr 29, 2016
I guess I have to second some of the other reviews on here. The flavor wasn't that bad, but it wasn't creamy at all. It ended up being thick and sticking to the noodles. I thought maybe I did something wrong but it seems others had a similar problem.
Jan 5, 2015
This was absolutely disgusting. There was no flavor at all. I spit out my second bite. We had to order Chinese. Very disappointing
Sep 28, 2014
I made the dish by following the recipe. I was disappointed in it. The dish was bland. There was not the bacon flavor that I expected. There was no flavor that stood out. I will not make this again.
Nov 7, 2011
I made the sauce with milk, instead of cream, and I omitted the eggs. It was creamy and delightfully delicious.
Aug 11, 2010
This is a lot like spaghetti carbonara which I absolutely love... I used a 16 oz. box of spaghetti - next time, I will use bite sized pasta (i.e. penne or farfalle) because I found the noodles really hard to toss with the very thick sauce... Which, speaking of the sauce, I'm not sure if flour is really even that necessary in this recipe... I may try it without next time. Oh, and it may be salty enough for some, but I had to add some to my taste, and some freshly ground black pepper. Overall, I could have eaten several portions of this last night!! I served bruschetta/Italian bread with it for a very satisfying meal!
Oct 29, 2009
The sauce is awful, it turned out very clumpy and had a strong egg taste and odor. Maybe I did something wrong but the finished product looked nothing like the photo and tasted horrible. I won't be making this again.