Bacon and Pepper Pasta
Teri Rasey of Cadillac, Michigan serves this snappy combination as either a main dish or a side dish. It gets its fresh flavor and pretty color from onions, peppers and tomatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 593 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 23, 2014
This was delicious and yes, fast and easy to put together. I will make this again! My husband and I topped ours with shredded parmesan cheese as well.
Oct 6, 2009
fast and good!