Bacon and Pepper Pasta
Teri Rasey of Cadillac, Michigan serves this snappy combination as either a main dish or a side dish. It gets its fresh flavor and pretty color from onions, peppers and tomatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 593 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Bacon and Pepper Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Jan 23, 2014
This was delicious and yes, fast and easy to put together. I will make this again! My husband and I topped ours with shredded parmesan cheese as well.
Oct 6, 2009
fast and good!