Bell Peppers and Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 1-1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet peppers; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and cayenne. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 274 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 24, 2017
Fantastic. My husband loved it and so did I. We used pitted kalamata olives because we didn't have black olives on hand and it was so good and easy too. Will definitely make again.
Sep 10, 2015
This is delicious and makes a very satisfying meatless meal. I do think it needs a little more salt, pepper, and oregano.
Feb 8, 2012
I had to scale the recipe for 6, but other than that I made it as written and it was very good. My family eats low fat/low sodium all the time, and we thought this was very tasty. It was a little spicy, and slightly dry, but I will make this again nonetheless. The feta I used was on the salty side too, which may have affected the dish. My 3 younger boys ate it without complaint. Thanks for a good recipe!
Nov 18, 2010
This sounded good, but it was bland and a little dry.
Jul 11, 2010
This recipe is a family favorite! I don't add the cayenne (my kids would revolt!), but I do add chicken breast strips with the olives and water. It makes a wonderful, well-rounded meal!
May 14, 2010
Was good but needs a little more flavor/kick. I made this according to the recipe.
Jul 8, 2009
Quick. Easy. And TASTY!
Mar 25, 2009
Excellent! My family loved it. Would also be good along side roasted chicken.
Jan 20, 2009
Makes a good meatless meal.sc
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.