Ham and Cheese Ranch Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jul 20, 2019
I was nervous to make this because while I like ranch dressing on my salad, I'm not necessarily partial to ranch flavored things. It was good, simple, and quick--a winning combination. My son said it was his second favorite meal.
Jul 16, 2018
My family loved it!! Flavor was good and my favorite part was it didn’t take long!!
Apr 23, 2017
My kids LOVE anything with Ranch so this was a big hit! I was skeptical of the ham and pasta combinations but to my surprise - the flavors went together well! Next time, we will try it with chicken!
Apr 16, 2015
It was just okay for my taste.
Dec 10, 2014
I normally make this when I have leftover ham. It is quick, easy, and has good flavour. Great weeknight meal when time is rushed. I never use the parmesan cheese and I only use about one cup of the shredded cheese and I don't feel this detracts from the taste at all.
Sep 7, 2014
Great flavor combination, only thing I changed was that I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of the Mexican blend.
Apr 18, 2014
I absolutely love this dish. I have made it several times and love the flavors. I have made it with chicken to cut back a little on salt. Highly recommend.
Jul 10, 2013
we made this tonight. My 13 yr old picked out the recipe fm the Comfort Food Diet cookbook. I let her cook it since it was simple enough... and we had all the ingredients. She was proud of herself and we all enjoyed it. Quick and easy too!! Very good... thanks!!
Apr 6, 2013
This dish is a hit every time I make it! I think people love it because of the dill in it. It's perfect to feed a lot of people.
Jun 30, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. It was GOOD! I was expecting another boring mac and cheese recipe, but this is far from it. Perfect !