Bean and Ham Pasta
In Concord, California, Maureen De Garmo assembles this pleasant pasta medley that's brimming with ham, corn and black beans. "If you'd like, you can thicken the juices with cornstarch to make a sauce," she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add pasta; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Stir in the beans, corn, ham and seasonings; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 1159mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Bean and Ham Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.