Ham and White Bean Soup
I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make dinner in the slow cooker but didn't have time to go to the grocery store. I went through my freezer and cupboards and threw in what I thought would go well together. At the last minute, I decided to add Old Bay. This flavorful soup was a make-again! —Stacey Cornell, Saratoga Springs, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 to 15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 6-8 hours. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 102 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Veggie, bean and ham soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.