I came up with this ranch pasta after making recipes for a bridal shower. It was party day and I needed to take some shortcuts! Everyone loves the simple Parmesan ranch white sauce, and it's easy to throw in veggies you have on hand. —Merry Graham, Newhall, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix Italian cheese blend, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream and salad dressing. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture. Fold in spinach. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Tear French bread into pieces; place in a food processor. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. Toss bread crumbs with oil, lemon zest, parsley, garlic salt and remaining Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and bubbly, 5-10 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 436 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 30, 2020
Wow! Easy, quick and delicous!! It's hard to go wrong with a pasta dish, but this is fantastic. Very 'alfredo' like between the sour cream and parmesan. I did add some chopped fresh tomato.