Creamy Prosciutto Pasta
I'm always looking for dinners that I can put together quickly. I re-created a favorite pasta dish from an Italian restaurant by using grocery store convenience products. Add crusty bread and a salad for a complete meal. —Christine Ward, Austin, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine or linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce; cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto and fettuccine; toss to combine. If desired, top with pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 454 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1065mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Linguine with Proscuitto, Spinach & Mushrooms in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Feb 20, 2016
Super tasty, easy and will make again!
Nov 25, 2013
Quick and delicious!
Oct 11, 2009
Excellent! Very good. I absolutely would make again and plan to. Prosciutto is a little expensive, but other meats could easily be substituted.