Creamy Shell Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, carrot, cheese, cucumber, celery, sunflower kernels and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 244 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 17, 2011
As written, I would give this 3 stars but if cheddar or some other "real" cheese were substituted I would give it 4 stars. The ranch dressing is a nice change of pace from a standard mayo or miracle whip and the sunflower seeds didn't go soggy overnight.
Sep 25, 2009
Instead of cucumber I used chopped seeded tomatoe, and I did not use the sunflower seeds, I just added another 1/4 cup of broccoli, and instead of celery, I used chopped red onion. Next time I will use honey mustard, so it is not as tangy. But other wise it was very good.