Creamy Shell Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, carrot, cheese, cucumber, celery, sunflower kernels and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 244 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 17, 2011
As written, I would give this 3 stars but if cheddar or some other "real" cheese were substituted I would give it 4 stars. The ranch dressing is a nice change of pace from a standard mayo or miracle whip and the sunflower seeds didn't go soggy overnight.
Sep 25, 2009
Instead of cucumber I used chopped seeded tomatoe, and I did not use the sunflower seeds, I just added another 1/4 cup of broccoli, and instead of celery, I used chopped red onion. Next time I will use honey mustard, so it is not as tangy. But other wise it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.