Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
Makes8 servings (3/4 cup dressing)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, corn syrup and salt until smooth. Stir in bacon and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over salad greens.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 141 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 11, 2010
This dressing has just the right balance of sweet and savory. I substituted green onion for the white for the extra flavor it would add. Even my husband, who doesn't like raw vegetables and salads very much, enjoyed this dressing. I suggest half the corn syrup for people who don't like dressings on the sweeter side.