Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Bacon
Chili powder, cayenne and curry add an unexpected flavor twist to the taste-tempting bacon. With a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, the well-seasoned strips complement just about any breakfast, brunch or BLT. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of bacon. Place on a rack in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining syrup. Bake for 6-10 minutes longer or until browned. Remove to paper towels. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 115 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.