Quick Bacon Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 398 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2018
Less mustard - more ranch, less dressing overall
Jun 10, 2017
Nice twist to traditional potato salad. After reviewing all the comments, I chose to use half sour cream and half mayo. Next time I will make less dressing. I will use the full amount of mustard, I will add a little more salt and pepper. My first batch has more dressing than we prefer... you cannot see the veggies and potatoes like shown in the picture. They are covered in dressing. I chose to add a little chopped celery to mine as well. Flavor is good. I will make this again.
Nov 22, 2015
NOT FOR MY TASTE
Sep 17, 2015
Just the way recipe said.
Jul 15, 2015
My friends and I absolutely loved this. When I read other reviews about too much mustard, I was careful to use only one tablespoon at first, but when I tasted it I definitely wanted the extra tablespoon. Delicious. I kind of missed the hard boiled eggs that are in a lot of potato salads, and will probably put those in next time. For me, the dressing amount was just right, and super creamy and delicious.
Jun 20, 2015
I do not like traditional potato salad but I prepared this for a lobster supper for friends and family. It was a hit. And enjoyed by all. Will definitely do it again.
Jul 23, 2014
This is delicious and a nice change from ordinary potato salad. This salad has been a hit at several potluck dinners.
Jul 12, 2014
very good, however i took out the vinegar and added balsamic dressing
Jul 5, 2014
I made this for our 4th of July family party and it was a big hit. I followed other reviewer tips and used half mayo, half sour cream and lightened up on the vinegar and mustard. I think next time I will follow the recipe on the mustard and vinegar as I think the extra zip would be good. This was great though and will be my new go to potato salad recipe.
Jul 1, 2014
I used half mayo and half sour cream for a more creamy dressing. I also used a bit less mustard, but it still seemed to be a bit acidic, so I added a little more sour cream.