Speedy Stuffed Potatoes
These potatoes are always a hit when I serve them. I grow the garlic and chives in my own garden.- Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Twice Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006