Bacon Cheese Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. In a large bowl, mix potatoes with onion, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and olives. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 466 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 27, 2019
My family has made this for years! We call it Hot Potato salad and instead of mayonnaise, we use Miracle Whip. It's always a huge hit and everyone loves it!
Feb 15, 2015
WOW, boy this was EZ to put together, taste was yummy too. I'll take this to my next "bring-a-dish" meeting.
Feb 13, 2015
I didn't have processed cheese, so I used what I had on hand - 8oz. shredded mozzarella and 8 oz shredded parmesan. Family doesn't care for olives, so I omitted them. It was a hit!
Feb 10, 2015
a variation of this recipe has been in my family for years. Mine calls for Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise, and strips of bacon are laid across the top with olives in between the strips. I have always left out the olives because we don't care for them. This is a GREAT go-to recipe that really dresses up a meal.
Nov 15, 2014
Just made these. We loved them and I have picky eaters. The only thing I did different was no olives and I sprinkled ranch dressing mix over the top.
Jul 13, 2014
Wonderful flavor! I used green onions, because that is what I had on hand! Great dish for a carry-in!
Apr 13, 2013
I have made this Potato recipe for years but I use green olives. This is my meet and greet dish. My family likes this with ham. I do cube my potatoes then cook them to just tender the night before so they are cold. Then mix with the onion,cheese and MO so it looks like potato salad. Then follow with bacon and olives