Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 bacon strips
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings. In a large bowl, combine the greens, eggs, onions and bacon. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 30, 2014
This is a great salad to have as the main dish. Just add a roll and dessert to make it a meal. I used yellow mustard instead of the dry mustard. Very tasty dish.
Jan 31, 2011
This is a great recipe. I used apple cider vinegar and it was excellent. I also used a bag of fresh spinach instead of lettuce and I added chopped tomatoes. I only needed half of the dressing, so I was able to make this salad again the next day. Even my kids loved this one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.