Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24x17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoon: 132 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 20, 2017
Such an easy and delicious warm spread. I have made it numerous times and the dish always comes home empty!
Jul 27, 2017
I wasn't able to access the recipe when I needed to make this, so made it with cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing powder, bacon and shredded cheese. Forgot to heat it up and it was still an absolute hit! YUMMY!
Jan 2, 2017
Everyone raved about this recipe!!! I prepared as is with no changes. Definitely a keeper.
Dec 7, 2015
We loved it and so easy to make.
Nov 26, 2015
Making this now and it has a wonderful flavor. I did not serve in a bread bowl because of family having celiac and not being able to have gluten. I prepped as normal but then threw it in a mini crockpot (for dips) to warm and serve. I used sweet onion because that's all I had on hand and used much less, probably just a few pinches to get some flavor. Will keep this in hand for an easy go to for parties!
Aug 14, 2015
Omg I made this last weekend for some friends I should have made two they just loved it thank you so much this is a keeper !!!
Jan 17, 2015
To me, this just screams out for garlic and then it would be perfect!
Dec 4, 2014
make it every holiday. it's the best
Sep 10, 2013
I am being asked again to make this fabulous dip. Even the bread bowl gets eaten!!! Try it! It will not disappoint!
Dec 25, 2012
Received rave reviews!