Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked white fiber or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and rosemary; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spinach; cook, covered, until slightly wilted.
- Add spaghetti, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is softened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 349 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 24, 2018
This is an excellent dish prepared exactly as instructions suggest. It was easy and delicious.
Jan 9, 2018
This is wonderful! I've been making this since I saw it on your website a year ago, and it is now part of our regular rotation. My husband isn't a big fan of cooked spinach, so over time I have modified it to leave that out and add julienned peppers and halved cherry tomatoes. I also use the juice of one whole lemon instead of just 2T because we like a little more sauce. Definitely a keeper!
Sep 20, 2017
The house smelled so good! Followed recipe as is. Nice change from already or marinara.
Aug 6, 2017
This was really good. My husband even raved about how good this was. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. There was way too much spaghetti through. We used less spaghetti and there still too much spaghetti. I added 1/4 cup fresh basil and less than 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves diced with the shrimp, garlic, olive oil, rosemary leaves
Jan 10, 2017
Loved this! Easy to make, good flavor. Next time I will add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to finish. Also fresh cremini mushrooms. EDIT:. Made with the fried mushrooms and half cup heavy cream. This was awesome! Have recommended this to friends, and they are loving it too!
Jan 4, 2017
Used spaghetti squash instead
Jun 8, 2011
My 8 yr. old and I LOVE this recipe and make it at least once or twice a month. Added mushrooms tonight and it was fabulous!
Jan 9, 2011
This is my daughters' absolute favorite! Easy to prepare - flavor is wonderful! We make it frequently!
Dec 21, 2010
This recipe is great! I cooked plum tomatoes in with the sauce to make it a little more italian. This is a favorite in our house.
Aug 14, 2010
Nice change of pace from regular spaghetti with marinara sauce. Very good flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.