- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 small cayenne or other fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients except shrimp; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in shrimp; return just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Peppers (Hot)Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1/2 cup: 110 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.