Rosemary Garlic Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 small cayenne or other fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients except shrimp; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in shrimp; return just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turns pink, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 110 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Aug 20, 2013
this did not turn out well but i think it was due to my skillet being too small. the shrimp couldn't cook properly with all the other ingredients in the pan. will revisit this with my huge skillet
Jul 21, 2011
This was delicious! Will make again and again but will double the sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.