Garlic Rosemary Turkey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin; insert garlic under the skin. Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey; squeeze remaining halves over outside of turkey. Place lemons in the cavity.
- Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Roast 1 hour.
- Cover turkey with foil; roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts9 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without gravy): 414 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 66g protein.
Nov 25, 2016
We made this for the first time yesterday for Thanksgiving and we hardly had leftovers.??It was delicious, juicy and easy to make! This recipe is a keeper and my guest were asking the recipes.Definitely recommending it. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Feb 1, 2015
Incredibly tasty, you'll have a wonderful juicy turkey. It's delicious and very simple to make! I can only recommend it!
Oct 17, 2014
I made this last year for thanksgiving! My family can't wait for me to make it again this year!It was my first time cooking a turkey. It was very easy to make and very delicious!
Apr 20, 2013
So easy & delicious! And I made this in April! I like to buy turkeys on sale during the holidays and keep them in the freezer to make throughout the year. It's a money saver. And this is a new family favorite!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.