Garlic-Mushroom Turkey Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large shallow dish, mix flour, oregano, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, add turkey and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; stir in the remaining salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to pan; heat through, turning to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2016
This is delicious and tastes better left-over. Quick, health and full of flavour. Will add it to our rotation.
Aug 31, 2016
Delicious, quick and easy--met all our requirements for a weeknight supper that could be prepared after we got home from work. I used baby portabella mushrooms and we loved how moist and tasty the cutlets turned out, especially when topped with the yummy mushrooms and sauce.