Herb-Glazed Turkey Slices
In the mood for turkey, but don't have time to prepare a whole bird? Here's the perfect solution! These savory turkey slices and easy-to-prepare herb glaze offer the cozy goodness of a feast without the hassle. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, dried rosemary, crushed and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, brown turkey slices on each side in oil. In a small bowl, combine the broth, apple juice, honey, mustard, salt, basil, rosemary and garlic powder; pour over turkey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked turkey: 213 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Herb-Glazed Turkey Slices in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.