Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 4 hours + standing
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Brush turkey with oil; tie the drumsticks together. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle evenly over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, corn syrup, butter, rosemary, sage, basil, and the remaining salt and pepper. Brush over turkey. Bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, about 90 minutes longer, basting frequently with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
- Remove from oven. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts7 ounces cooked turkey: 570 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 56g protein.
Mar 13, 2012
Absolutely the best for your turkey. I have used this recipe for the past 2 Thanksgivings. Got rave reviews from guests both times. So most and yummy. the juices make the best gravy as well.
Dec 9, 2008
My sister in law and I cooked this turkey for Thanksgiving. It was very good and moist. My parents liked it so much, I'm making it again for Christmas!~MuzikTG