Herbed Rib Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cut 15-20 slits in the roast; insert garlic. Combine salt, pepper, basil, parsley and marjoram; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches the desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Mar 13, 2016
Awesome roast. The cooking time was underestimated for me - it was very rare at 2 hours, needed a bit more time. Served with chimichurri, yum.
Dec 25, 2012
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was lovely. Everyone went on and on about how delicious the food was, to the point that I was embarrassed and had to find a way to change the subject. :0)I served it alongside au gratin potatoes (TOH recipe), sauteed green beans, homemade rolls, and cranberry punch.
Oct 18, 2010
My family loved the herb dry rub! I have mixed up a shaker bottle of it to keep ready for hamburgers and meatloaf/meatballs. I also used it on vension steaks. When I use it on hamburger and meatballs I use garlic powder instead of garlic cloves. Also tried it on vension and it was excellent. For vension Iput rub with garlic powder in a pie pan and coated both sides of venison steak and put into fry pan with hot olive oil.My family isn't big on pepper so I did reduce the pepper just a bit.Fantastic recipe!