Crown Roast of Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork crown roast (14 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Foil or paper frills for rib ends
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oil, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with pieces of foil. Bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove foil pieces. Garnish rib ends with foil or paper frills. Cut between ribs to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 233 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
May 30, 2015
Hubert (my husband) loves a good pork roast on Sundays, it's never the same without one. Having eaten the same recipe for almost 30 years we decided it was time for a change and were so looking forward to this delicious looking alternative. Sadly, it was somewhat spoiled by the inclusion of "paper frills" which not only absorbed the fat and oil of our succulent joint but also imparted a papery undertone to the crown tips (my favourite bit).
Dec 6, 2009
Made this for my family for Christmas when I was just figuring out how to cook. Super easy, looks beautiful, and tastes fantastic. Made me look and feel like I knew what I was doing! :)
Dec 21, 2007
I read a recipe that called for a bulb of galic in the center to be finished off in the oven in a container becasue it would take longer than the crown prok roasting and also had other vegetables and a glaze like in the video but not with fruit. This must be "the" holiday entree this year. I saw them on sale two weeks ago and never remember seeing one featured in a grocery store sale page of meats ever before.
Dec 19, 2007
In my newspaper today, the Los Angeles Times, there is a very similar recipe. It has roasted root vegetables in the center (carrots, parsnips, etc). I bet the additional flvors really make that roast something special. It just called for the veggies to be added in the center and roasted with the meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.