Holiday Crown Pork Roast
Crown roast makes a regal Christmas dinner. Flavored with rosemary, sage and thyme, it’s elegant and simple, a real blessing during the hectic holidays. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Apples, fresh rosemary sprigs and dried sage leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first six ingredients; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove foil; carve between ribs to serve. If desired, serve with rosemary sprigs and sage leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 rib: 301 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Crown Pork Roast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015