Holiday Crown Pork Roast
Crown roast makes a regal Christmas dinner. Flavored with rosemary, sage and thyme, it’s elegant and simple, a real blessing during the hectic holidays. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Apples, fresh rosemary sprigs and dried sage leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first six ingredients; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove foil; carve between ribs to serve. If desired, serve with rosemary sprigs and sage leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 rib: 301 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Crown Pork Roast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.