Cherry-Glazed Roast Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, juice, corn syrup, spices and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup sauce over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Scrape up browned bits and pan drippings; add to remaining sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pound: 224 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Apr 10, 2016
Good flavor, but I wish the sauce would have been thicker. Might skip the juice next time.
Mar 17, 2014
So good! I too, had to bake longer.
Mar 17, 2014
Soooo good! I too, had to bake longer.
Oct 18, 2010
This recipe was very good. However, my pork was no where near cooked after 50 minutes. It was way longer than that.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.