Cherry-Glazed Roast Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, juice, corn syrup, spices and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup sauce over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Scrape up browned bits and pan drippings; add to remaining sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pound: 224 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Apr 10, 2016
Good flavor, but I wish the sauce would have been thicker. Might skip the juice next time.
Mar 17, 2014
So good! I too, had to bake longer.
Mar 17, 2014
Soooo good! I too, had to bake longer.
Oct 18, 2010
This recipe was very good. However, my pork was no where near cooked after 50 minutes. It was way longer than that.