German Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes, onions and tomato to the pan; bake 40-70 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2019
This was amazing! So full of flavor. Hubs and kids approved too! I used a big half loin about 4-5 pounds and doubled the rub to make sure I had plenty to cover the pork loin completely. A little extra never hurt anyone! I skipped the tomato since I didn't have any. Instead, for the veggies, I used unpeeled quartered red potatoes, and peeled carrots that I cut up into chunks. The roast was finished before the vegetables. They needed about 30 minutes longer. So after the roast was done I pulled that out to rest and covered with foil. Leaving the veggies in the roasting pan, I melted butter on them and stirred it to coat. Then salt
Sep 30, 2010
Camie, I almost got homesick. I have not made this recipe in a long time, but will make it this weekend. You got my Grandmothers Recipe down to one missing ingredient. A couple of Bayleaves. Now to authenticate this German meal even more, you have to have sweet/sour Red Cabbage with it. Guten Appetit (good appetite)
Jun 30, 2009
This roast is delicious. Moist and juicy with lots of flavor it was a big hit with my husband and two young boys.