German Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes, onions and tomato to the pan; bake 40-70 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Sep 30, 2010
Camie, I almost got homesick. I have not made this recipe in a long time, but will make it this weekend. You got my Grandmothers Recipe down to one missing ingredient. A couple of Bayleaves. Now to authenticate this German meal even more, you have to have sweet/sour Red Cabbage with it. Guten Appetit (good appetite)
Jun 30, 2009
This roast is delicious. Moist and juicy with lots of flavor it was a big hit with my husband and two young boys.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.