Sesame Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 9 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked pork: 433 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
May 13, 2015
This recipe was voted a "10" by everybody who tried it. I use the largest roast I can find, leftover meat makes a good stir-fry or shredded for asian wraps for lunches.
Aug 24, 2014
Very good..tender. Only took about 6 hours to cook.
Jan 30, 2014
This came out tasting AMAZING!!!!! I did not have sesame seeds so I used sesame oil. I will be making this again!
Jan 30, 2013
I got a lot of attaboys on this one. Will make it again ...soon.
Mar 4, 2011
absolutly perfect!very yummy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.