Sesame Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 9 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked pork: 433 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
May 13, 2015
This recipe was voted a "10" by everybody who tried it. I use the largest roast I can find, leftover meat makes a good stir-fry or shredded for asian wraps for lunches.
Aug 24, 2014
Very good..tender. Only took about 6 hours to cook.
Jan 30, 2014
This came out tasting AMAZING!!!!! I did not have sesame seeds so I used sesame oil. I will be making this again!
Jan 30, 2013
I got a lot of attaboys on this one. Will make it again ...soon.
Mar 4, 2011
absolutly perfect!very yummy