Sesame Pork Appetizers
The honey marinade gives this hearty pork appetizer added flavor. The dipping sauce is so yummy.you might find other uses for it too. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
Makes2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sherry and soy sauce; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; pat pork dry. Place honey and sesame seeds in separate shallow bowls. Roll pork in honey, then sesame seeds. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce cooked pork with 1 teaspoon sauce: 70 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Sesame Pork Appetizers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.