Sesame Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 3 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- TO SERVE:
- 12 multigrain hamburger buns, split
- Wasabi mayonnaise, optional
- Place tenderloins in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; pour 3/4 cup salad dressing over pork, turning to coat. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar and remaining salad dressing. Cook, covered, until heated through, 30-45 minutes longer.
- Combine slaw ingredients. Serve pork on buns with slaw and, if desired, mayonnaise.
Health Tip: Cuts of pork with "loin" in the name, like pork tenderloin and pork loin, are some of the leanest options. However, pork tenderloin will shred much more easily than pork loin, making it a a great lean meat choice for pulled pork sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 324 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jun 4, 2018
Delicious! After cooking my pork tenderloins in the crockpot for 5 hours, there was quite a bit of liquid in the crockpot from when the tenderloins cooked down. I drained the liquid after removing the pork to shed and then mixed the cup of sesame ginger dressing and brown sugar, per recipe instructions, added my shredded pork. Mixed it all up and heated for about 40 minutes in the crockpot. The slaw is really good by itself or on a bun with the pork. This is a keeper!
Sep 27, 2016
Very good and different way to make pork.
Aug 25, 2016
Very good...I used Kraft's Asian Ginger Dressing. Really good flavor. I like the coleslaw on it also.
Jun 10, 2016
Quick and tasty.
May 16, 2016
Our whole family loved this recipe! I did use a pork roast instead of pork tenderloins because I had one on hand. It worked great, but I did need to increase the cooking time to 8-9 hours. The slaw is crunchy and delicious!