Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 422 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2018
This was very good!! I will be adding this to my summer rotation and camping cookbook. Easy to make and delicious, a nice change from traditional pulled pork. Thanks for sharing!!
Jan 24, 2017
This was excellent. Easy to make and my whole family loved it.