Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 422 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Feb 21, 2018
This was very good!! I will be adding this to my summer rotation and camping cookbook. Easy to make and delicious, a nice change from traditional pulled pork. Thanks for sharing!!
Jan 24, 2017
This was excellent. Easy to make and my whole family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.