Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Sep 4, 2017
This marinade is FANTASTIC! I've made/used many marinades over the years and this one just seems to have that "little something extra." The flavour is amazing and the steaks are so tender, you can easily cut them hardly using a fork!
Jan 20, 2013
DELICIOUS! This is our #1 marinate.
Apr 1, 2012
very GOOD will make again
Oct 17, 2011
This steak was very delicious. We will make again
Sep 13, 2011
If I make this again, I think I'd also add a bit of garlic. We had a change of plans and the steak marinated for 24 hours more than was planned, which led to a bit of an overly salty steak, but the flavor was pretty good.
Jul 24, 2010
Jul 6, 2010
Tried this one tonight with some rice, gingered snap peas and carrots, and homemade Hawaiian bread on the side,turned out really well. Only change I would make is to add just a touch of garlic, but that's just personal taste.
Jun 29, 2010
This is the way I usually prepare our steaks -- it's so yummy! Note: over the years, I have omitted the oil because it causes flare-ups on the grill. -Lori in WI.
Sep 2, 2009
I have used this recipe many times. Always turns out great!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.