Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 6 beef cube steaks (1/3 pound each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable bag, combine mustard and water; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip steaks in flour mixture. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry steaks, two at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2014
I used half dijon and half yellow mustard because that's what I had on hand. It was very easy to put together, but I personally like stronger flavors than just salt and pepper.
Feb 20, 2013
This was so good!
Sep 24, 2008
The Cajuns in south La. use straight mustard as a dip to coat their fish before coating with flour or fish fry to fry. It is always good.