Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add pepper; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2018
Not being a huge beef fan, I only thought this was ok, but my husband loved it. I may add mushrooms next time.
Apr 4, 2012
My kids and I loved it.
Apr 5, 2011
Because of a fussy eater, I served the sesame seeds on the side, and then we forgot to use them, which is too bad because I'm sure they would add to the appearance and taste. But even without the sesame seeds, this recipe was tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.