This homespun, stick-to-your-ribs steak supper was always a favorite with us kids. Mom coated tender steaks with lightly seasoned bread crumbs and fried them in oil until golden brown. -Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-size pieces; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 478 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Breaded Steaks in Taste of Home October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.