This homespun, stick-to-your-ribs steak supper was always a favorite with us kids. Mom coated tender steaks with lightly seasoned bread crumbs and fried them in oil until golden brown. -Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-sized pieces; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°, medium, 140°, medium-well, 145°), 2-3 minutes on each side.