Grilled Sesame Orange Tuna Steaks
This recipe was a collaboration between my son and I. He wanted to enter a contest because he aspires to be a chef someday. Although they look fancy, they're easy to make. —Lorna McFadden, Port Orchard, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons sesame ginger marinade, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute peas in butter and honey until crisp-tender. Add oranges and cashews; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Brush tuna with 2 tablespoons marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Brush tuna with remaining marinade; serve with rice and snap pea mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 3/4 cup rice and 1/2 cup snap pea mixture: 506 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 47g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Sesame Orange Tuna Steaks in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012