Grilled Tuna Steaks for Two
"After enjoying yellowfin tuna at a restaurant in southwest Florida, I came up with this recipe so I could enjoy the flavor of my favorite fish at home.” —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Yellow Fin Tuna in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010