Tuna Cheese Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. On five slices of bread, layer 1/2 cup lettuce and about 1/4 cup tuna mixture; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 501 calories, 34g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 18, 2015
This recipe is so quick and delicious - I love the crunch from the walnuts! I put one of these sandwiches in my husband's lunch, and actually received a "thank you for my sandwich" text - he said it was the highlight of his day!
Dec 22, 2014
Made this for supper Friday evening, & it was a hit! Many of my family members don't like tuna, but this one was great! The only thing I changed was using pecans instead of walnuts. Will definitely make it again. Quick, easy, & delicious!
Aug 11, 2011
I just made this the other day. Excellent and even the hubby loved it!
May 1, 2011
These sandwiches were a great hit. It was quite different and more enjoyable than a regular tuna sandwiches.
Jan 27, 2011
These are excellent. I followed the tip and mixed in the shredded lettuce right before serving. I also used toasted white bread since I don't like wheat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.