Cilantro-Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pouches (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted if desired
- 4 slices Muenster or provolone cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Spread tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with cheese, avocado and remaining bread. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 506 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2018
LOVED the flavors in this tuna salad! We are huge fans of lime & cilantro - just never thought about it with tuna! Our new favorite way to eat it! We served it with some crackers instead of bread.
Jun 2, 2016
Loved this spin on tuna. I made it open-faced on one slice of toasted wheat. Awesome!