Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Combine the first 7 ingredients. Place 4 slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 367 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 19, 2019
this was a delightful change for an old favorite!!
Dec 22, 2017
Loved the flavors in this tuna salad. It was a great change to the usual way i make it with just pickles and mayonnaise.
Nov 7, 2016
The spices in the tuna mixture give it a great flavor and take the plain old tuna sandwich up a notch. I didn't use fat-free items but I can tell you that I really enjoyed the taste of these sandwiches with the regular mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. I think these sandwiches will go great with any soup too.
Jun 2, 2014
ALWAYS ON PROWL for fabulous Tuna Sandwiches. This one certainly hits **spot**. Satisfyes my carb limit of two slices bread for lunch. Thank you very much for sharing recipe. J.
Aug 1, 2012
My 16 year old daughter followed this recipe for the first time last year. This sandwich quickly became a weekly must in our home. Easy and EXCELLENT!!!
Jun 18, 2011
Delicious. I did modify it a little. I added some garlic powder. I think everything is better with a little garlic. I used my own home made white bread and grilled it on the stove top. Not as healthy but mmm, mmmm, good.