Tuna Puff Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top each with a tomato slice. Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise; spoon cheese mixture over tomato. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until topping is puffy and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 509 calories, 42g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 4, 2010
This was pretty good. Beats your everyday tuna fish sandwich. It really dresses it up. Flavor was terrific. I did slap a bun on top, it looked pretty but we wanted it like a sandwich.